It had been several days since checking him out so last night I decided to take a look at Mr. Burrows. Lifted hide, he hissed at me a little but I picked him up anyways, and that’s when I noticed a big piece of shed still stuck to his scales, around 3/4 back along his side.
Quickly put some warm water in a plastic tub and then lowered Mr Burrows into the water. He was okay at first, and I used hand to scoop warm water over him to give him a good soak. After five minutes he started to get snaky and obviously wanted to get out of the tub and back into the terrarium. I used a washcloth to get more water and some roughness against the stuck shed, and helped him back into the enclosure. He seemed to calm down once back in his hide, and pretty soon was poking his head back out.
Later that night I saw him draped on top of the hide, and this morning I found the long bit of stuck shed inside the terrarium, so it appears that the soak was effective.